2D1N Traditional Iban Longhouse Safari
TOUR CODE: KCH17
0900hrs Pick up from the hotel and proceed for IBAN LONGHOUSE SAFARI. The expedition will begin with a 4 hours car ride passing through the scenic greenery countryside. The vast land on both side of the road are can be seen dotted with vegetable farms, padi fields, rubber, pepper, oil palm and cocoa plantations which generated some of the top revenue earner crops of Sarawak. En route you will have a brief stopover at small native town called Serian. Experience the busy daily wet market and witness some of the rare jungle produce brought by the native from the deep jungle. Lunch break is at 'Lachau' – small popular 'cowboy' town for Indonesian natives from the nearby Kalimantan border town to do barter trade. You can do your last minutes shopping for the visiting gift to present to your Iban host. Arrive at Batang Ai Hydro Lake. The journey will take you across the lake into the Engkari River, one of the many tributaries flowing into the lake. The journey will take approximately 30 minutes before reaching the Longhouse nestled on a hill beside the river. The village of 30 to 40 "bilek" or rooms (each of one family) all under one roof built on stilts about a metre above the ground. Meet with its inhabitants and share a moment of their day. Share a glass of tuak (rice wine) and cultural performance with Iban hosts on the Ruai. Dinner & overnight at the longhouse.
After breakfast, you will be invited to watch the demonstration using of the blowpipe which will be held at the open space. That is a chance for you to try on this popular leisure game and polish your skill of using the deadly weapon – 'blowpipe'. Return trip to Kuching is by longboat and overland. Lunch en-route.
|HOTEL||TWIN / TRIPLE SHARING|
|IBAN LONGHOUSE (DORMITORY)||MYR 750BOOK|
Rates are based on per person basis & Mininum 2 person
* All rates above valid till 31 December 2020 (tour commencement date).
* The tourism tax is RM10 per room per night and is charged to guest who are not Malaysian nationals or permanent residents holding a MyPR card. This tax will be collected upon check out.
* Surcharge applied during Hotel High Season ( 01 JULY – 31 AUG 2019 ), Christmas, New Year Eve, Chinese New Year, Labour Day, Hari Raya Puasa, Gawai and other festive seasons.
- Rates Include:
- 1 night stay at Iban Longhouse ( Dormitory )
- 1 breakfast, 2 lunch & 1 dinner
- All transfers & tours as stated in the package (Seat in Coach)
- Rates exclude:
- Tipping, Optional tours, Travel insurance
- Requirement for the trip:
- Swim Wear, Sun Lotion, Raincoat, Torchlight, insect repellent , Own drinking bottle and First aid kit.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.