3D2N Mount Kinabalu Explorer (Timpohon)
TOUR CODE: BKI24
Mount Kinabalu (Malay: Gunung Kinabalu) is a prominent mountain on the island of Borneo in Southeast Asia. It is located in the East Malaysian state of Sabah and is protected as Kinabalu Park, a World Heritage Site. Kinabalu is the highest peak in Borneo's Crocker Range and is the highest mountain in the Malay Archipelago. Mount Kinabalu is also the 20th most prominent mountain in the world by topographic prominence.
In 1997, a re-survey using satellite technology established its summit (known as Low's Peak) height at 4,095 metres (13,435 ft) above sea level, which is some 6 metres (20 ft) less than the previously thought and hitherto published figure of 4,101 metres (13,455 ft).
Mount Kinabalu includes the Kinabalu montane alpine meadows ecoregion in the montane grasslands and shrublands biome. The mountain and its surroundings are among the most important biological sites in the world, with between 5000 and 6000 species of plants, 326 species of birds, and more than 100 mammalian species identified. Among this rich collection of wildlife are famous species such as the gigantic Rafflesia plants and the orangutan. Mount Kinabalu has been accorded UNESCO World Heritage status.
Low's Peak can be climbed quite easily by a person in good physical condition and there is no need for mountaineering equipment at any point on the main route. Other peaks along the massif, however, require rock climbing skills.
Meet arrival or meet at your hotel Lobby, proceed to Kinabalu park HQ, The journey takes roughly 1 ½ hour's drive through scenic countryside and beautiful mountain range. A brief stop at Nabalu Market gives you the opportunity to buy local handicrafts and local fruits. On arrival at the Kinabalu National Park –The world Nature Heritage site , enjoy the cool and refreshing mountain air, and have a majestic view of Mount Kinabalu, The mountain will look even more spectacular with a sheer wall of granite towering a few thousand meters from the virgin forest floor and ending in jagged peaks. Free at own leisure or proceed for a guided walk along the nature trails with the park naturalist. While walking, listen to the sounds of the jungle and observe nature's plants, trees, orchids and butterflies. Overnight at the Kinaba;u National Park accommodation - depending on availability. Dinner provided at Balsam café Restaurant
* A visit to Poring Hot Spring is optional but if requested.
0630hrs Breakfast at Balsam café , collect you packed lunch from the restaurant, after breakfast meet your experience mountain guide at park HQ , a short briefing will make by your mountain guide before you start the journey..You'll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo's highest mountain begins! The trekking will take about 5 to 8 hours to complete depending on individual fitness levels. Upon arriving at 11,000 feet at the Laban rata area, check into the assigned accommodation where you can rest, after chick-in relax and just marvel at the spectacular mountain landscapes , Buffet dinner will serve at Laban Rata Restaurant ( served from 4.30pm until 7Pm) (Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Dinner provided)
* Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
** You can hire a porter to carry your belonging until Laban Rata Rest house with a stipulate rate. Begin your climb via Mesilau Trail to Laban Rata Rest house.
0200hrs Wake up for early supper and continue ascent to the summit of Mount Kinabalu (4095.2m above sea level). Upon reaching the summit (Low's Peak), This hike further up the mountain would take another 3 hours to complete but you reap what you sow and in this instance, an opportunity to take photographs on the highest point in South East Asia. In clear weather, a spectacular sunrise awaits weary climbers. After such a stunning sunrise view, it is time to descend back down to Laban Rata Restaurant where you will enjoy a well-deserved breakfast, check out and trek back down to Timpohon gate, collect a Certificate of Achievement and feast on Hi-Tea served in a Balsam café in Kinabalu Park before departing back to the city. (Early Supper, Hi-Tea at Balsam Café private ) Transfer back to your Hotel.
** Hi-Tea will be served at Balsam Cafe (until 1700hrs).
Accommodation: 1 night at Kinabalu Park Hostel, 1 night at Gunting Laganda,Waras or Panar Laban (Non Heated Dormitory Basis)
Rates are based on per person basis & Mininum 2 person
* All rates above valid till 31 December 2017 (tour commencement date).
* Transportation surcharge: Outskirts Area Hotels – MYR 35 per person
For Kota Kinabalu City accommodation, please book by your own
CHOOSE YOUR HOTEL CLICK HERE
- Rates Include:
- 2 breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 hi-tea, 1 early supper & 2 dinner
- Entrance fee
- Climbing Permit
- Mountain Guide
- Certificate of Achievement
- All transfers & tours as stated in the package (Seat in Coach)
- Rates exclude:
- Tipping, Porter Fee, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
- THINGS YOU SHOULD PREPARE
- Waterproof backpack
- Comfortable Trekking shoes with good grip
- Trekking stick
- Windbreaker / Poncho
- Warm clothing / Long sleeves shirts / change of clothes and socks / small towel
- Head torch / Waterproof hand gloves / winter hat
- Medicine (headache tablets, plasters, personal medicine, deep heat lotion)
- Refillable water bottle (Recommended Thermos)
- THINGS YOU WISH TO BRING
- Sunblock lotion / Lip gloss
- Insect repellent / Mosquito Oil
- Tissue paper / Toilet roll
- Camera with water proof bag
- Sandals / Slipper
- Plastic Bags
- SPECIAL NOTE FROM SABAH PARK
- It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
- Transportation surcharge: RM30 per person for pick up from Beringgis resort, Nexus resort ,and Rasaria resort.
- We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day that you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
- If you are happy and satisfied with the journey and the tour guide service, it's always a nice way to express your appreciation with tipping (option), OR some words of thanks are also welcome.
Note: Every person participates in any tour or holiday organized by the company shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his / her own risk with respect to loss or injury to person or property. The company does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to delay, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other travelers.